Calendar Image for ActionTiles
These image generators are now available directly from the ActionTiles cloud. Links below have been updated accordingly.
ActionTiles is a great interface for managing and controlling SmartThings. In a Facebook discussion someone had mentioned that they’d love to have a calendar appear in a tile with the current date highlighted. As ActionTiles only allows linking to images and videos on external sites I thought I’d have a quick go at creating a calendar image with some customisable features. The result can be found at https://mtg.actiontiles.com/calendar.php
Although it has a php extension the page returns a PNG image.
Parameters / Customising the look
Users can pass formatting options as URL parameters to override the default format. For example:
Colors are entered as hex values (without the # symbol – using a # symbol will cause formatting requests to be ignored). The above sets the background color to white, the body color (the numbers representing days of the month) to green and the title color to black. The full list of parameters is shown below.
- layout – The size/proportion of the tile. Matches ActionTiles values. Valid values are 2×1, 3×2, 3×1, 1×1, 2×2, 3×3 (3×2 is default).
- backgroundColor – the background color of the image.
- titleColor – the color of the Month and Year title.
- headerColor – the color of the S, M, T, W, T, F, S headers representing day of the week.
- bodyColor – the color of the numbers representing the days of the month.
- todayTextColor – the color of the number that represents today’s date.
- todayHighlightColor – the color used to highlight today’s date.
- month – If you wish a different month to be shown you may pass it in as a number (ie 1 for January, 2 for February etc).
- year – If you wish a different year to be shown you may pass it in as a 4 digit number (ie 2016, 2015, etc).
- tz – the timezone to use when determining current date. Acceptable values are any of the standard PHP timezones listed here.
Adding To ActionTiles
Once you have determined the exact formatting that you wish to use, copy the URL including parameters and then:
- Go to https://app.actiontiles.com/media#panels (you must have an account and be logged in to view this page)
- Click on the Plus symbol in the bottom-right-hand corner of the screen to add new media.
- Select ‘This Media is a still image or GIF’
- Enter the URL in the URL field.
- Enter a refresh rate, if desired. We recommend every hour which would be a value of 3600 seconds. We request that you don’t refresh more regularly than every 900 seconds.